Monday, December 2, 2013

Fat Poets Speak and Eating

I did not stress or emphasize writing about food in Fat Poets Speak 2:  Living and Loving Fatly. I say this with some regret because I am a food fan :)   What I mean by this is that there are a fair amount of things that I like to eat and a fair amount of things that I like to make or cook. And this goes for most of the fat poets, I think.

I don't wish to speak for the other poets, but I eat...when I eat. Sometimes I eat "more " than some people would think is "good" for me (whatever than means). Sometimes I don't eat foods that are considered "good" for me by other people. Sometimes I combine foods in what some people might consider unusual combinations. I don't have an "eating disorder." Guess what? Most fat people don't.

I did not stress "food" in Fat Poets Speak 2 because I did not want readers to associate us mostly with eating. I may have been a coward in this. I also don't appreciate "feederism," the fetish that causes people to eat more than they would if they were not pressured so they are forced to gain weight. But I also don't appreciate forced starvation (diets).

It has not been proven conclusively and scientifically that fat people eat more or less than others, or that they eat differently than others. People of all sizes enjoy eating, or don't enjoy it, or have appetites, or don't. Thus I also didn't want to show in any way, shape or form that fat people eat more or enjoy eating more than others. Or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment