Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fat Poets Speak and FatLand

Was thinking that FatLand and Fat Poets Speak, as blogs and books, complement each other. With FatLand, I jump into a visionary world/territory in which fat people are already accepted and welcomed. With Fat Poets Speak, I get to deal with things as they are, but in poetry. We fat poets in Fat Poets Speak (both 1 and 2) write about what actually occurs in our daily lives. But we write about it using images and imagination.

Ironically in FatLand, I write about life and love and ideas in extremely realist/realistic prose. The better to know you, my dear..

But then again, writing about the visionary realm gives me energy to go back to the other, "realistic" realm.

I must admit, however, that when I go back and forth frequently, sometimes very late at night or early in the morning, I forget which is real, and which is visionary...

No comments:

Post a Comment