Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fat Poets and Poetry Workshops at Universities - A Dream?

Another dream of mine: to lead fat poets' and poetry workshops at various universities and colleges. I guess one has to be asked by a sister or fellow poet.

I say this because I think women are under an enormous amount of pressure on college campuses to conform to an obsolete physical ideal  -well, men are, too, but I guess I think of women because they seem to be more interested in poetry and more interested in issues pertaining to body images. Or they admit it. Or they are more at ease with talking about them.

I would love love love to teach young fat poets to sing their bodies and persons and minds and hearts - and not to stop, and to get their poems heard. And read. And discussed. To put us on the map!

No comments:

Post a Comment